If you would like to see your events publicised here, then you can create an account on OurLocality for Free then use the Events management tool or simply categorise using the ready made category Events.
To grab the rss feed for your own use, copy and paste the following into your widget or rss reader:
- Visit to Fingers & Thumbs, North Berwick – 15 Jan 2020Our Wednesday group had a fun morning at Fingers & Thumbs, North Berwick when everyone enjoyed painting mugs. After firing, the mugs were distributed at yet another lovely meeting held at The Backlands gardens, Dunbar.
- Preview of John Muir, Earth-Planet, UniverseExhibition: John Muir, Earth-Planet, Universe Preview, Q&A and Discussion Wednesday 26th February 2020 at 7:30pm Community Room, Dunbar Town House This public event is a preview of the Friends’ forthcoming 2020 exhibition followed by a Q&A and discussion on the theme of What If? See John Muir, Earth-Planet, Universe for further details.
- John Muir, Earth-Planet, UniverseIn 2020 Friends of John Muir’s Birthplace are working together with other groups in Dunbar to focus on Muir’s role as an environmental activist and successful campaigner and his relevance for our situation today. In an emergency, we have to behave differently and act swiftly. How are we doing that? From April to October the […]
- Annual General MeetingNotice of Annual General Meeting Wednesday 26th February 2020 at 6:45pm for 7:00pm Council Chambers, Dunbar Town House, High Street, Dunbar Agenda (i) Report of year’s activities (ii) Filling any vacancies on Council  (iii) Other competent business Non-members will be warmly welcomed and after the AGM business – at 7:30pm in the Community Room […]
- Gardeners Question Time, Stenton Village Hall, 21st February, 7pmGARDENERS QUESTION TIME Presented by Stenton Horticultural Society The Panel Answering Questions: Beechgrove Gardens George Anderson Macplants Beryl McNaughton Pathhead Horti’s Jim Williams Friday 21st February at 7 O’clock Stenton Village Hall Entry £5 For Tickets please call Richard on 07887803663 Or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- East Lothian Place NamesMembers of the East Lothian Antiquarian and Field Naturalists Society gathered at the Maitlandfield House Hotel on 8th February for another in their series of Winter lectures. Honorary President, Stephen Bunyan, welcomed Liz Curtis of Dunbar who is a member of the Scottish Place Names Society. She gave a fascinating talk on the history behind […]
- Civic Week 2020 – Press ReleaseDunbar Civic Week 2020 will run from Saturday 13th June until Sunday 21st June and will celebrate the 650th Anniversary of the granting of the Royal Charter to Dunbar, as well as the 50th Anniversary of Civic Week. We are planning for this year’s celebrations to be bigger than ever, starting with a parade from […]
- Vehicles causing obstructions – January PrioritiesDATE Tuesday 28th January 2020 VENUE Dunbar Police Station TIME 19:30 HOURS DATE OF NEXT MEETING: 7.30pm, Wednesday 19th February 2020 Priority Actions to be Undertaken Person responsible. Jim and Jemima Site at as many locations as possible prior to the next CAPP Dunbar Community Ashfield playpark Following reports of youths […]
- Engagement on Mental Health Services for Adults in Dunbar
- Liz Curtis – “East Lothian’s place-names: A journey through time.” Saturday 8th Feb 2020Please note the change of date to: Saturday 8th Feb 2020 Liz will present an illustrated talk outlining how East Lothian’s place-names have developed over the last 2,000 years. Successive waves of settlers, including Britons, Anglians, _ ” Scandinavians and Gaelic-speaking Scots, have all contributed 71 to the rich mix of place-names we know today. […]