If you would like to see your events publicised here, then you can create an account on OurLocality for Free then use the Events management tool or simply categorise using the ready made category Events.
To grab the rss feed for your own use, copy and paste the following into your widget or rss reader:
- Christmas Lunch – 12 Dec 2019Great afternoon at West Barns Bowling Club, when both our groups came together for Christmas lunch. Helena and her team served a beautiful meal, and our tables looked lovely with their cheerful Christmas table decorations – thank you so much for this. Everyone in great form (as usual), but we were sorry for the folks who […]
- Book Week Scotland Author Event -21 Nov 2019To celebrate Book Week Scotland this year, our good friend Lorna Hill (Director of Sharing a Story CIC) in partnership with the Scottish Book Trust, arranged for author John Killick to come along to meet our groups – what a treat!! John, who is currently writer in residence for Alzheimer Scotland, engaged the group in […]
- General Election Hustings -Tuesday 10th DecemberTuesday 10th December 2019 7.30pm Belhaven Church Hall Belhaven Rd, Dunbar EH42 1NH – Doors open from 7pm Organised jointly by: DUNBAR CHURCHES TOGETHER and SUSTAINING DUNBAR FREE EVENT – ALL WELCOME Come and hear the candidates standing to become the new MP for East Lothian in the General Election on 12th December 2019. Candidates […]
- Dunbar War Memorial Armistice Parade 2019The Armistice Memorial Service held today at the Dunbar War Memorial was very well attended. Poppy wreaths were laid by Michael Williams the Lord Lieutenant, by the Royal British Legion, East Lothian Councillors and the Dunbar Community Council, and by many local other local organisations. the parade was led by the Dunbar Royal British Legion […]
- Bus speeding – December Panel Agreed PrioritiesPANEL AGREED PRIORITIES DATE: Monday 23rd September 2019 VENUE: Dunbar Police Station TIME: 19:30 HOURS DATE OF NEXT MEETING: 7.30pm, Wednesday 18th December Priority Actions to be Undertaken Person responsible. Youth visibility Contact schools, sports clubs, youth clubs etc and request they ensure there attendees are visible at night for road safety reasons. Dunbar Community […]
- Soup and Sweet Lunch, Spott Village Hall, Sunday 10th November at 1pmPlease come along and join us for a Spott of lunch. Sunday 10th November at 1 pm Spott Village Hall £5 for adults, £3 for children Vegetarian, gluten and dairy free available
- Alister Hadden “A little bit of Wallyford History” – Saturday 23rd NovemberSaturday 23rd November Alister Hadden “A little bit of Wallyford History” Alister will give an illustrated talk on Wallyford’s history, industrial heritage in coal mining and brick manufacture. He is from Wallyford and present Chairman of Wallyford Community Council, and has been involved in having a mining memorial installed within Wallyford, along with mining coal […]
- Intergenerational Halloween Party – 31 October 2019Both groups came along to the party, together with some exceptional young friends to celebrate Halloween this year. Pass the Parcel, Musical Statues, Dookin’ for Apples and Catching Doughnuts enjoyed by all! Great fun, with some fantastic costumes, tasty treats and brilliant music.
- How can we talk about the Climate Emergency without upsetting our friends?‘Finding your Voice’ Are your friends just back from another weekend break in New York? Do all your neighbours drive gas-guzzling SUVs? What exactly is it about the Climate Emergency that they don’t get? Do they not care? Is it easier to just avoid talking about it? Tuesday 12th November 7-9pm Bring and share pot-luck […]
- Dunbar War Memorial Dedication of Added NamesA ceremony was held today, 28th October 2019 for the dedication of additional names on the Dunbar War Memorial. Councillor John McMillan, Provost of East Lothian and Michael Williams Lord Lieutenant were present as well as a large contingent of pupils from the Dunbar Schools. The 16 names which have been added were read out […]