Sustaining Dunbar was able to offer free impartial energy advice to householders through home energy audits for residents in the Dunbar and East Linton ward between 2009 and early 2015.
Very helpful. We received discounted curtain lining and draft proofing of our old sash and case windows.
Mrs D, Dunbar
Click here to learn more
The auditor will chat to you about your home and
- look at how well your home is insulated; how you heat it and get hot water; check the energy efficiency of your appliances and discuss any issues that concern you e.g. if your home is draughty or hard to heat!
- check your energy bills and help you compares your home’s energy efficiency against similar properties in the district and calculate your carbon footprint.
- recommend energy efficiency measures that can help you keep your home warm and maybe save you money on your fuel bills.
- give you a host of energy saving tips on how you use your home, which can make a real difference to your bills.
- advise if you are eligible for any Government or BeGreen (a Community Windpower Ltd project) grants.
- lend you an energy monitor if you are concerned about your energy bills, so you can see how you use your electricity in your home .
- if you are interested, we can also assess the suitability of your home for installing micro-renewables – such as solar hot-water panels, solar electricity panels called photovoltaics, a heat pump or wood-pellet stove
We survey householders after contact and most are very happy with the service.
We’ll refer you to Community Windpower Ltd BeGreen project, if you appear to be eligible for grants of advice and support.