We were thrilled to see so many people interested in and joining our event with Dunbar Harbour Trust on 28 January 2021.
It was one in a series of ongoing engagements around the current outdoor John Muir, Earth-Planet, Universe exhibition at the Dunbar Harbour Battery.
If you missed the event, you can find it’s recording, presentations, notes & useful links below.
Dunbar Harbour Trust is the charity that looks after Dunbar’s three harbours. The diverse nature of the harbours requires multiple skills to ensure it remains a safe and welcoming place for those operating within and visitors alike. A small team of volunteers provide occasional assistance with maintenance of the historic Dunbar Battery and other harbour activities.
DHT were delighted to be holding this event to promote the work they do, share their passion to make Dunbar Harbours the ‘go to’ place, and tell you about their ‘What If’ aspirations for the future.
Useful information & links:
- To learn more about the work of Dunbar Harbour Trust, please register for the newsletter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- DHT currently have Director vacancies and would welcome applications from individuals with the skill sets mentioned on their website Dunbar Harbour Trust
- For more information contact: email@example.com Visit the websites at: https://dunbarharbourtrust.co.uk https://dunbarbattery.org.uk/friends-of-dunbar-battery Enjoy DHT social media updates at: https://www.facebook.com/dunbarharbour https://www.facebook.com/friendsofdunbarbattery
- Some interesting films about DHT:
The harbourmaster in collaboration with Zero Waste https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2558434291140848 Dunbar Harbour;
Keep Our Harbour Tidy Project (video: Fraser Stewart) https://youtu.be/KRe-k8EXNjE
Sustaining Dunbar’s Local Good Food Alliance; Belhaven Lobster Belhaven Lobster – Sustaining Dunbar
- John Muir, Earth-Planet, Universe is an outdoor exhibition which opened at the Dunbar Harbour Battery in October 2020. This outdoor installation of the exhibition is a collaboration between Friends of The John Muir Birthplace, Sustaining Dunbar and Dunbar Harbour Trust. You can visit it any time at the Battery. Its content is also available online and can be viewed here.
- The exhibition was intended to be a catalyst for a series of events and activities in collaboration with other local groups. We are asking “What If?” questions to spark people’s imaginations for a positive vision for the Dunbar and East Linton ward area in the context of the climate emergency and the need for a just and equitable community that values wellbeing for all. A rolling programme of online engagement events championed by partner groups from among the What If? network members commenced last year. Please check Sustaining Dunbar’s social media platforms and website for updates.